Friday, December 2, 2011

Mayce Thomas


Leah had a way of making you feel important and included. I remember being at Grammy and Grandpa's cabin and feeling a little excluded. I wasn't as old as the older group of cousins but I wasn't as young as the younger cousins. I was in the middle and felt like I had no one to hand out with. Leah noticed and came up to me asking if I wanted to ride one of the 4 wheelers with her. I felt so cool hanging out with her. She helped to me feel included and special.

I got closer to Leah when I was in high school and she was my hair stylist. Leah also had a way of getting you to open up to her. She would talk to me and tell me what was going on in her life but at the same time ask me questions to find out about my life. Again that made me feel important and special because it showed me that 1. she cared about me and 2. she trusted me

For me it was always clear that she had an amazing heart. She cared about others. She also had a very playful personality. She liked to tease but in a fun way that wasn't hurtful. I remember her teasing Calder on several occasions and normally when Calder is teased his defenses go up and he goes on the offensive but it was never that way with Leah. He actually laughed along with her which is rare.

I also have memories of her doting on her children and bragging about them to me. It was so obvious how much she loved them. She was a good person and will be greatly missed. It's comforting to know that Grammy is taking good care of her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment