Friday, December 2, 2011

Kristin White Heiner


I am laying in my bed tonight thinking about my cousin Leah. She passed away Tuesday. I can truly say that she is counted among my best friends. I am so sad to think that we haven't talked in years. I think the last time we talked she was pregnant with her little girl Olivia...who I would guess is now 6 or so.

I miss Leah...she had the biggest heart. We had so much fun together and got in a lot of trouble together too! Nothing too bad just always had a plan for fun that included destroying our parents houses. Neither of our parents ever said much but now that I'm a parent I know why. We were good kids, entertaining eachother and we had an unexplainable bond. Who would want to get in the middle of that?

Years went by and things changed. We went to different elementary schools but then we were back together for the awesome 6th grade center experience and then on to Grant Sawyer middle school where I am positive neither of us could run the mile. And then finished up at Durango together. Leah was beautiful and sweet and kind, I am positive my siblings only wanted me to babysit if she was my babysitting partner. She was so much better with kids than I was. And when I used to watch her with Caleb, that remained true.

I went to Ricks after high school and she did what I really wanted to do...she went to cosmetology school. I would go down to Provo whenever I could and hang with her and have her do my hair and makeup...another thing she was so much better at than me. But I loved that about her. Leah had limitless potential. And she still does....

No comments:

Post a Comment